Monday, September 14, 2009

9 Days and Counting

Wow. I think people are finally starting to realize how close the Career Fair actually is. (If you're not one of those people, it's on September 23rd. That's only 9 days from now!)

The reason why I'm saying that is that I finally got my resume critiqued. Instead of making an appointment like I was planning on, I decided to go to walk ins last Thursday instead (they're every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 1-3). I showed up at 1:o5 and there were already about 6 people infront of me. Who thought it'd be that busy already?!

Even though I had to wait a little for my turn, it was definitely worth it. I thought my resume was pretty good because I had it critiqued before, but they had a lot of really helpuful suggestions. If you're a junior like me, it's really important to take all of your high school information off your resume. And the harder part that I had to learn is that there is a difference between what activites/experiences you felt were important in your life and what activities/experiences are relavant to you getting a job in the future.

So the main point that I'm trying to make is that even if you think you have a good resume (which you might), it's still helpful to get it critiqued because they may have suggestions on how to make it even better (and who wouldn't want that?).

Although you can still try to go during walk ins, or email your resume to cdc@wpi.edu, your best bet at this point is to go to Resumazing! which is this thursday from 1-7 in the Odeum.

And if you haven't started your resume yet or have a lot of work left to do on it - get started! And good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment