Friday, October 9, 2009

A Term is Almost Over?! When Did THAT happen?

We only have 4 full days of classes left!! What?!

I mean, I guess we could see this coming, but I always feel like the end of the term comes far too quickly. I still have so much to do in terms of group projects, homework, and studying for finals. I can't believe I have to get it all done in less than a week! It's slightly overwhelming (slightly being an understatement of course).

And, to top that off, because I'm a junior, a number of my friends are going away B term. It's so strange to think that in a week or two they're all going to be either in another city, or more likely, in another country. It's hard because I really want to spend time with them (even if it's only for a little while) before they leave, but, as I mentioned before, I have so much work to do....

....And so continues my everlasting struggle to find a happy balance between school/work and friends/family. No, seriously, this is something that I think about a lot. Both are important parts of your life, but too much of one makes you neglect the other part. So where's the happy medium?

And where does applying for jobs fit into all of this? Unfortunately, at the moment, it doesn't (not for me at least). I figure with Finals coming up so soon that that is going to be my main focus for the next few days. Yes, job searching is important, but no one is going to want to hire you if you don't pass your classes.

But even though I'm taking a short hiatus from applications, I'm looking forward to being able to spend time job searching over October Break. I figure I'll have a break from all of the schoolwork, and I'll finally have a chance to get organized and get back on top of my life again. I'll be able to apply for jobs already posted, go on a few interviews that I scheduled earlier, and look for companies that I'm interested in (check out the Career Search section of your Job Finder Account. It's the last link under shortcuts if you don't know where to look. It's amazing!). I'm also finally going to be able to catch up with all of the things that I've been putting off for the last week or two - like laundry, grocery shopping, errands, getting in touch with my friends from high school, etc. Is it weird that I'm this happy about getting organized again?

So good luck on your job search/applications (if you're working on that). And good luck studying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment