Thursday, November 12, 2009

Do you know what Career Search is?

Are you looking for a Chemical Engineering job in Connecticut? Or how about a Biomedical Engineering job in Washington? Or do you just want to see what Biotechnology companies are located in the Northeast and do Cancer Research?

If you're asking any of these questions (or anything even remotely similar), than Career Search is a useful resource for you!

Last year, as a sophomore, I was really confused about when I should be applying for internships, and, more importantly, how I could even get started on my job search. I made an appointment with one of the counselors at the CDC to try to get some of my questions answered. Not only did I leave with a better understanding of what I should be doing, I also learned about Career Search.

Recently I've been talking to friends about applying for summer internships, I realize that a lot of them haven't heard of Career Search before, and, because it's such an awesome tool, I wanted to try to spread the word so now all of you will be able to use it too. :)

So what is it exactly? Career Search is an online database that you can access through your Job Finder account. It is a tool that you can use to search for companies by industry, location, name, or any combination of those three.

Can I see job opportunities on Career Search? No. Career Search is a tool designed to find companies, so it doesn't tell you about specific job opportunities. However, the majority of job offerings aren't posted, so if you contact a company you find through Career Search, you could possibly end up with a job or internship if you follow the right steps.

How do I find Career Search? First, you log into your Job Finder account. Next, on the home page, under the shortcuts section, its the last link. Once you get into Career Search, your best option is probably to chose US Search, and then you can get started. :)

Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment