Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Does anyone else feel like they have 2398 things to do?

So I'm finally in the swing of C term. I've already had my first round of homework and tests in my classes, and PQP is really starting to pick up. (We are basically writing a draft of our whole proposal in a week and I feel like we haven't even finished doing background research!). With all of the work that I've been doing for PQP and ID2050 I'm really looking forward to going to Australia. To top it off, I've been talking to kids who went there last year on IQP, so hearing about their experiences and all of the fun things to do makes me want to go even more.

Unfortunately, before I leave there's still so much I need to do (in addition to passing my classes and PQP of course)
  1. Make a packing list/pack/somehow acquire adapters. (I'm flying to Australia with 4 other kids and we decided to leave from Boston less than 24 hours after we finish finals. What were we thinking when we bought plane tickets?!?)
  2. Get an MQP. I've been talking to my advisor since part way through freshman year about what I'm interested in and I already informally talked to him about doing an MQP with him last term - but I still need to officially apply and make sure everything is all set before I leave for IQP because once I leave I won't be back at WPI until senior year. Weird. (Even typing that makes me slightly uncomfortable. College is flying by and I'm not quite ready to grow up yet haha.)
  3. Get an internship. Okay, well obviously that's the goal, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to pull it off before the beginning of D term. However, I need to do a lot of work so I've at least contacted more companies and made progress towards making sure I have something to do this summer. (Even though I have a lot to do with classes right now, anything I get done now will be easier than when I'm 10,500 miles away and dealing with a 14 hour time difference.)

For your entertainment:

When I was looking for the distance between Worcester and Melbourne, Australia I originally tried to use Google maps. Bad idea. Google decided to give me driving directions that takes about 57 days and involves KAYAKING thousands of miles across the Pacific Ocean. (Not by boat or plane, but kayak. Really? hahah.) Plus a good portion of the directions are in Japanese. If you want to see how ridiculous the journey would be if you took Google's advice, check out the link below. Enjoy!

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=worcester%2C%20ma%20to%20melbourne%2C%20australia%20distance&oq=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

No comments:

Post a Comment